|Job title:||Utilities Analyst|
|Employment type:||Full Time|
|Experience:||3 to 5 years|
|Salary:||R240000 to R300000|
|Job published:||09 October 2020|
|Job reference no:||3217677498|
To provide specialist support to ensure that utility recovery ratios are accurate and optimised and to take responsibility for billing, query, financial, operational and supplier management in relation to all utilities.
- To review recovery ratios ensuring that ratios are maintained and optimised where possible
- Monthly utility management performance reporting for each property flagging potential issues with service providers and internal stakeholders
- To ensure the optimal and accurate recovery tariff allocation in line with the Company's agreed billing methodologies.
- To review the accurate allocation of supply, metering and expenses to consumers and ensure all consumption is accounted for and recovered
- Identify and investigate potential anomalies from utilities data, and escalate resolutions to minimize negative impact on tenants and the business
- Monitor unusual consumption and investigate/mitigate in collaboration with service providers
- Validate Council bills to ensure properties are correctly metered and correct tariffs applied
- To ensure all tenant, billing, municipality, and technical queries are addressed timeously.
- To provide specialist and/or technical support related to utility management to property management teams where needed
- Build, maintain and manage strong working relationships with all utilities service providers:
- Property (tenant movements, tenant enquiries, statement errors)
- Finance (billing adjustments, non-payment alleviations, manual billings, recoveries)
- Utilities (meter installations, replacements, inspections, readings)
- Maintenance (wrong readings, locating meters) – must keep a log of all faulty meters and location of all meters at each property
- Council (discovering incorrect statements and initiating dispute processes to correct and obtain credits).
- To identify improvement opportunities.
- To keep a record of metrics for all properties in the group.
- Utilities budget preparation and support for whole portfolio
- To monitor utilities procedures and compliance within the portfolio
- Keep up to date with municipal Bylaws with respect to Utilities billing and/or Tariff structures and highlight any changes or concerns to management
- Qualifications min. should be BCom Degree or Financial Diploma – Completed
- 3-5 Years Relevant Working Experience in Engineering Services, Utilities Management and/or Billing
- Must have data analysis understanding and must be able to present findings to management
- Knowledge of Electricity, water, and waste management principles
- Metering and verification principles
- Understanding of Utility management (especially within the context of recovery of utilities within multi-tenanted properties)
- Understanding of municipal Bylaws with respect to Utilities billing and/or Tariff structures
- Electrical distribution systems and energy fundamentals will be an advantage
- Effective verbal, written and listening communications skills
- Time management skills
- Proficient in Word and Excel.
As an employer or candidate the process can becoming daunting, that’s why we are here, submit your details below and one of our expert consultants will be in touch shortly.
Ability Recruitment was established with the aim of providing personalized and quality driven executive staffing services within an ever-changing environment. For over a decade , we have provided our recruitment services for some of the top companies in South Africa and around the globe. Read more