|Job title:||Financial Manager - Angola (Salary in US$)|
|Employment type:||Full Time|
|Experience:||5 to 8 years|
|Salary:||R84000 to R96000|
|Job published:||06 October 2020|
|Job reference no:||3067931052|
Property and/or Construction Industry experience essential.
CA (SA) essential
This is an exciting and varied role for an experienced Finance professional to join the senior management team and take responsibility for financial matters for a leading real estate development and management company focused on the Angolan Property market.
- Portuguese speaking preferred but not essential
- Responsibility for the day-to-day financial management of the company
- Report to the Director of the Company responsible for Financial Controls
- Report, monitor and evaluate the business KPIs each week
- Reconcile the bank accounts weekly and produce cash flows for the business and report on variances to budget each week
- Work closely with the Property Management Department to ensure timely collection of income from Debtors
- Control trade creditors and liaise with key sub-contractors and suppliers
- Negotiate and liaise with bank and other service providers
- Process the payroll each month
- Prepare timely and accurate monthly management and financial accounts to include detailed analysis of sales, rents, variable costs, overheads and work in progress
- Produce full due diligence packs for institutional financing applications, including Financial Chronograms, cash flow building.
- Produce payment schedules based on current leases.
- Monitor and track expiration of leases, using property accounting software (Primavera, MDA, SAP)
- Implement, manage and monitor a robust arrears collection process in order to reduce arrears to within benchmark company standards.
- Assist Director of company with new development financial feasibility studies.
- Monitor and review costs and profitability for individual development projects
- Produce Budgets and Cash Flow forecasts
- Support the formulation of strategic and business plans
- Liaise with the Local Revenue Authority and ensure compliance on all Vat, Tax, Import/Export financial matters
- Liaise with the external auditors to facilitate the annual audit and file all statutory returns
- Maintain and develop robust financial controls and processes within the business
- A range of ad hoc projects as required
- Formal dealings with Aipex, CMC, will be an advantage
The ideal candidate will be a graduate with a formal accountancy qualification from a recognized accountancy body with a minimum of 8 years post qualification experience in a similar all round financial management position within a medium/large sized business
- Demonstrable business knowledge and commercial experience ideally with a real estate or project/construction cost background, but not essential
- A structured and methodical approach to tasks and the ability to identify risks and recommend actions to mitigate these.
- A proven track record of building and developing effective working relationships both in and outside the business
- Strong IT skills - Excel, Office and Accounting software (Primavera, MDA, SAP)
As an employer or candidate the process can becoming daunting, that’s why we are here, submit your details below and one of our expert consultants will be in touch shortly.
Ability Recruitment was established with the aim of providing personalized and quality driven executive staffing services within an ever-changing environment. For over a decade , we have provided our recruitment services for some of the top companies in South Africa and around the globe. Read more